Apache Solr Features
Apache Solr is based on the Lucene search library. Solr extends this engine and augments the search results with such interesting features as hit-highlighting, faceting, caching, replication and much more. Solr is one of the top 15 Open Source projects and in the top 5 Apache projects. 4,000 installations and 10,000 downloads per day testify to the size of its user community.
Apache Solr is also used by:
- 2 billion documents per index
- > 1,000 searches a second per index
- Distributed search, index replication and shards
- Full text search with such features as stemming, splitting, filtering etc.
- Flexible and convincing relevance evaluation
- Powerful query options (Query)
- and much more